Frequently Asked Questions
Dependable Credit Solutions, LLC is a full service credit restoration, identity theft protection and licensed legal assistance firm. We are locally owned and operated, that is if you live in the wonderful city of Beaumont, Texas. But don’t worry, we can assist you from anywhere within the borders of the Great State of Texas or from the east coast to the west. We are bonded, licensed and BBB accredited. We support our local chamber of commerce and our local community.
(We kindly encourage you to support yours too!)
Our key services include:
- Credit Education 101
- With your initial enrollment into Smart Credit®, we provide a full credit evaluation of your Tri-Merge credit report and detail the issues that are hindering your credit scores and keeping your credit grade low! We will also provide step-by-step, detailed credit building strategies that will specifically help your overall credit not just for the long-term, but will also improve your short-term credit score and grade in as little as 6 weeks! And yes, you read right…we provide step by step guidance from start to finish. We don’t keep the secrets….we reveal them!
- Bureau Disputes and Investigations
- The FCRA (Federal Credit Reporting Act), outlines the process credit reporting agencies are to follow when a request to investigate suspicious information being reported by the agencies is submitted. This process is often referred to as a “re-investigation”. We assist you by preparing, tracking and following up on the “re-investigation” results for all 3 of the “major” credit reporting agencies, TransUnion, Experian and Equifax. From dispute to dispute resolution, we are with you every step of the way!
- Debt Validation / Negotiation / Settlements
- The FDCPA (Fair Debt Collections Practices Act) outlines the process collection agencies are to follow when a request to validate a suspicious or unknown account; which is either being reported to the credit reporting agencies or based upon a letter or communication received by the agency, is provided in writing. The law requires the collection agency to wait during a 30 day window after notifying you initially before pursuing further collection activity against you than just the initial notice. After this window they can legally “ASSUME” the debt is valid. They may say YOU only have 30 days from the date of notice…but that is misleading at best. For no response to the collection agency within this illusive 30 day window is by NO MEANS considered an admission of guilt in any court of law! Again…we don’t keep the secrets…we reveal them! So don’t be intimidated by the “scary” rhetoric and oftentimes illegal tactics used by collection agencies. By the way, our role is not to be adversarial with any collection agency, but simply to facilitate the validation investigation and if the debt be proven valid, we then can assist you in working out a settlement agreement that improves your credit…NOT wastes your money! Please get to know the process before trying to “go it alone”!
- Budgeting / Savings / Bill Pay Assistance
- It is unfortunate we are not taught in school but maybe basic if best, how to build savings, manage our money and maintain our credit. It seems our educational system is more focused on producing “workers” and “consumers”, rather than “builders” and “savers”. You know the drill. Most of us are “taught” these principles just by living life and juggling all of the responsibilities of everyday living, paying bills, going to work, raising the kids, trying to save but can never seem to get ahead. But…YOU CAN BREAK THE CYCLE!
- We can assist you in establishing a customized budget plan designed to bring and/or keep your monthly obligations current, build up your savings and remove the “scattered pattern” of paying bills here, there and everywhere by bringing everything under control via one easy to follow plan! Let us show you how easy it actually can be to enjoy guilt free spending! To find out more information or to enroll in budget services, click here.
- Legal Assistance
- First things first….Dependable Credit Solutions is NOT a law firm nor does any of its employees practice law. We do not give legal advice or legal counsel. We do however provide legal information. Legal information is NOT the same as legal advice or counsel. We can, for example, assist you by providing you valuable information on what legal steps you can possibly take on how to respond if you are being sued by a collection agency or a creditor to hopefully avoid a judgement being filed against you as this information is in the public domain. Of course, you are welcome to seek the advice or counsel of an attorney if you desire. And if you want to save a tremendous amount of money to obtain one for *any legal matter you may face, check out our affordable Legal Shield® plans. *Some exclusions apply.
- Powered by Smart Credit®
- From tracking your credit, auto and insurance scores, to managing your finances, to full access to your Tri-Merged Credit Report and Scores, to securing your identity and providing $1MILLION in ID theft insurance, Smart Credit® has you covered! This amazing service also connects you directly with your creditors with just a few simple clicks via their exclusive and simple to use Action Buttons®. Smart Credit® does so much more and makes tracking everything…easy. Click here for more information or to start your plan today!
- First things first…WE ARE ACCESSIBLE! We won’t leave you in the “dark” at any point in the process. While there is a “season of crickets” while we are waiting for the investigations to be completed, you are always connected to your case via Smart Credit® plus you are always welcome to contact us for an update via any of the following means:
- Great question! While the process of maintaining your credit requires a lifetime of maintenance and paying attention to it, the average time from enrollment to graduation for most clients is about 6 to 7 months. Your unique results may take less time or longer time, depending on the unique issues of your case. For more on this subject, let’s consider your credit report to be like a “fire place”. For a good fire, it is important to have a debris free and clean fireplace before you begin building it up. If you find your “fire place” full of unburnable debris, ash and soot, our restoration process will help remove as much of the debris as possible and then the rebuilding can begin. First the starter sticks to get the flame growing, then add a few logs on top one at a time and allow them to “catch fire” until it provides enough heat for the room. At this point, STOP adding wood and simply maintain your fire place appropriately. (We don’t want a bonfire lol)
And, when a log burns out, you need to put another log on the fire. Is this making any sense? Remember, if you are not maintaining your credit during the seasons and times when you do not need it, then it will NOT be available for you when you do. What you do for your credit today and every day, will have a long lasting impact to your credit today and tomorrow. So even though you may “graduate” from our service…please stay diligent in maintaining your credit and savings for your lifetime because frankly, we aren’t after “repeat business”! We do however appreciate your referrals.
- Now this is where it gets personal for me. In the year 2000, after being newly married to my wonderful wife for just a couple of years, the time came to pursue the purchase of our first home. So naturally, we had our credit reports ran to see what we needed to do to move forward. And, like many, I found more than $7,500 in outstanding debt being reported against me from a variety of different collection agencies. Curious about it, since I had no idea what it was all about, I began contacting the agencies reporting the information. Needless to say, I was met with the most vicious and mean spirited people who worked in the so called “customer service” department who rather than helping me uncover what was going on and why all this debt was being reported against me, they instead insulted me, called me names like “dead beat” and “thief”. Well, that infuriating experience led me to learn all I could regarding the collection and credit industries so that I would never be a victim of these industries ever again! In so doing, I discovered that each one of the collection agencies were reporting medical debt. Knowing this couldn’t possibly be true I kept digging and found the debts originated from the hospital that I was born in. Hmmm…so what, I asked? Are you charging me for my birth at the age of 30? It was another person who shares my very common name, who had services provided, who never got a bill, because they were trying to send them to me but they didn’t have my current address so it was “lost in space” until I uncovered the truth. And then I thought, if this could happen to me, it could happen to anyone. So…now with great passion, we try and help those who are snared by the pitfalls, tricks and traps of these industries.